Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Quiz for week of march 7-12th

For this weeks film I chose " Grumpy Old Men." I started by choosing an anchor in the beginning of the film which was Max's duck fishing pole. At first I chose it because it reminded me of an old toy I had when I was young but I also chose it because I thought I might be a hobby of his. Throughout the film I found fishing was his biggest hobby along with his childhood best friend John. The fishing pole comes into play when John takes Max's pole and breaks it in half to get back at him for something he did. This is their friendship, pulling pranks. This pole shows to have much more meaning because it helps to unify the two after John fixes his pole and returns it, even though Max doesn't look like he forgives him at first. This is an instance of unification because although the pole is just an object I chose form his home it is a binding aspect of the film and the relationship between the two men. It brings out comedic understanding and underlying meaning that brings depth to the film and its diegesis.

No comments:

Post a Comment